Monday, January 5, 2009

If you don't wake up right now..

Today is the first day back to school from the holiday break. And naturally the child that was still awake at 12:30 didn't want to wake up. This would be Andy. Yesterday was his birthday. Maybe it was too much cake. Maybe it was too much excitement. Maybe it was the fact that bedtime got stretched further and further each day of Christmas break. Who knows. But the kid wouldn't sleep and then the kid wouldn't wake up this morning. Well. I know how to get a kid movin. I am The Mamma, afterall. We have a little tradition of me bringing whatever takeout the birthday kid would like for lunch to the school and eating with them. So, I tell Andy "Either you get up and get dressed and get your 8 year old butt to school or I'm not bringing you lunch today".

It never ceases to amaze me how quick a child will start moving when you mention McDonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment