Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bourbon Peach Butter Chicken


And here's what I made tonight..Not a great picture.. I took it from my spot at the dinner table, and the light isn't great there.. But this tasted SO yummy. Got the idea from this months Cooking Light magazine. It was easy,
and it was YUMMY. And the best part? 5 ingredients. Yep. I modified it a bit.. to suit my taste, as always.. here's

I blanched 6 peaches to get the skins off, then diced them. Put them into a pot with 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and 3 tablespoons water and brought it to a boil.. then clapped a lid on it and turned the heat to medium low and simmered it for 20 minutes. Then I poured the peaches into the food processor, added about 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar (the recipe called for 1/3 cup dark brown, but I had light and thought it needed more), then I added just under 1/2 cup of kentucky bourbon (wild turkey 101.. the husband's poison of choice lol) and a pinch of salt.. gave it a whirl for a min to puree and then poured it into a ceramic 9x13 dish and baked it for 2 hours and 15 minutes at 250 degrees, until it was nice and thickened. Just before the sauce was done, I seasoned chicken breasts with salt and garlic pepper and pan seared them until they were golden brown. Then to serve I just transferred the chicken breasts into my the baking dish with the sauce and served them out of that at the table along with some garlic cheddar mashed potatoes and green beans with onions garlic and bacon in white wine. It was easy and delicious! The kids all loved it. I think it'd be even better served with rice, to pour that sauce all over.. So I'll probably do it like that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment