Saturday, March 6, 2010

Daddy Daughter Date Night

 

I totally made it an experience for them.. the getting ready part.  Getting ready for a dance is almost more fun than going to the dance, in my opinion… So I totally went all out for them.. first they took a bubble bath, complete with hair pinned atop their heads in a bun.  Then they put on their bathrobes and got their makeup done.. a little gold/pink shimmery eyeshadow, a touch of mascara, and a bit of pink lipstick.  Then the hair came down from the buns, brushed out and put the gold headbands in.  Used the curling iron to curl it in 5 big sections, then twisted the hair up and clipped it with a gold clip that matched the headbands.. curled lots of individual strands for ringlets, and then sprayed the ehck out of it with hair spray.. And since it was a special night we glittered everything!  I have gold glitter hairspray, as well as pink loose glitter.. both went in their hair.. I gotta say, it really did look very pretty.  The Husband said that every single woman that saw them tonight would stop and say “OOHHHH look at your pretty hair!”.  After that we took one “almost ready” picture of them still in their bathrobes and then they put on their pretty pink party dresses. :)  

I even made them little corsages to this afternoon.. I went to the dollar store and got some fake bright pink gerbera daisies and some gold curly ribbon sprays from the gift wrap department.. some floral tape and stretchy hair ties to use as the wrist bands and I was in business!  They actually turned out quite cute, and I even made The Niece one too. :) So here is the whole slew of pictures I have.. also pictured is The Niece and The Brother.. as well as The Husband, of course! :) Oh and even big brother, Justin, wanted a picture with the little diva’s. He actually told them they both looked very beautiful..and coming from a punk ass big brother, that’s a pretty big compliment. :)

IMG_0353 IMG_0355 IMG_0357 IMG_0358IMG_0359 IMG_0361 IMG_0360IMG_0363  IMG_0366 IMG_0367 IMG_0368 IMG_0371 IMG_0373 IMG_0374 IMG_0375

 

They had a great night.. I know I still think about and fondly remember the Father Daughter Dances my dad took me to, and I am just SO freaking happy that H&H are getting that same experience.. I hope I made it as magical and special as my mom made it for me. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment