Monday, December 28, 2009

Spaghetti Ham Carbonara

I made another "Christmas Dinner" for Sunday Dinner yesterday... HEB had the most awesome "meal deal" when you bought a ham.. so even though The Sister made the ham for Christmas Dinner, we got ourselves one, too. I made it yesterday with some cheesy au gratin potatoes and more baked beans. We have lots of ham leftover, as well as baked beans.. but since we've had that twice now.. I wanted to do something different with the ham tonight.

I thought about omlettes or the like.. but I really have to be in the mood for eggs.. and I am definitly not in an egg mood tonight. But I have tons of them. I was thinking perhaps a pasta stratta or something.. so I put 4 ingredients in the allrecipes thing.. pasta ham cheese eggs. And I got something different than stratta.. I got hurry up ham carbonara. Hey! That sounds good! And it's not eggy. Perfect! I modified the recipe to my liking (of course LOL).. and am planning to get started as soon as I hit "publish post". Picture and recipe (with my new cam :P) are to follow. :) Wish me luck! It's been a while since I've done a carbonara. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment