Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Having so much fun…

 

I’m really having a blast getting my new house ready.  The girls room is gorgeous, The Sister and I put the second coat of paint on the walls today and it’s ready for some butterflies. I’m really happy that she was willing to spend both of her days off with me this week, painting the kids rooms.  We’ve had such a great time.  Today we remembered the radio so it was really a lot of fun.  It’s nice getting to share this with my friends. 

I was really hoping The Bestfriend would take me up on my request to come over tonight since today was her day off and drink a few bottles of wine and paint while we we enjoy my new house before the heathens invade it.  But she said not tonight, maybe this weekend… but we’re moving the majority of our stuff and all the beds here this weekend, so I guess it’s just not going to happen. :(  I’m trying hard to hide my complete disappointment in not having at least one night with my favorite friend before the kids move in.. but it’s not easy.  I really didn’t expect her to turn down my offer, but I guess she’s had a bad day. Oh well. I guess I’ll just go over there tonight by myself with a bottle of wine and paint the new color on the boys wall.  Maybe I’ll take Sandy (our yellow lab) with me so I won’t be alone.

The homeowner came by today with a roofing company, and they are going to put a new roof on it this Friday.. so that’s pretty great!  We also showed him the crack in the boys bedroom window and  the standing water by the oleander bushes in the backyard, and he’s going to take cake of both.  And he has the missing knob to my stove (which looks very new!) So all in all, things are coming right along! 

And Dave isn’t even bitching about how much the painting project has turned out costing, he’s being such a sport!  LOL   Maybe he realizes how excited I am about this and how much fun I’m having doing it that he can’t be mad about the extra cost.. that’s what The Sister thinks anyway. LOL

Okay, I’m going to get back to packing. Ugh, I hate the packing part. I love the moving in part.. But I *loath* the moving out part. LOL I swear each time I come back to this house, I hate it a little more. I can’t wait to be in my new house for good.. yet at the same time I’m really savoring and enjoying this week of painting while it’s empty and free of the kids and all their crap and noise.  It’s nice. And I love everyone that has taken the time to share it with me… it’s made it the best experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment