Monday, February 15, 2010

New house, new garden

 

I was rather proud of my climbing jasmine and bouganvilla at the old house.  And the esperanza yellow bells and red and orange lantana were really pretty…

But this is a new house, with a nice big square bed right outside my livingroom windows.  So tonight I bought my first garden plant.  A pink shrub style rose bush.  :)  It says that it’s a constant bloomer with large fragrant blooms.. I’m excited, I can’t wait to put it in the ground and watch it grow and flower..  And it was a great price, only $6.98!

Speaking of roses.. this house already has one rosebush.  It’s on the side of the house, in the backyard right outside H&H’s window.  I can’t wait to see what kind of blooms it has!  That little side of the backyard also looks like it might be a decent place for a small veggie garden.. but we’ll see. I’ve tried veggie gardens in the past and just never had much luck. 

And have figured out where I’m going to put Andy’s apple tree.. On the left side of the driveway, in the small strip of front yard we have on that side..our main front yard is to the right of the driveway and has a large Ash tree already there. 

I can’t wait to buy a couple more rose bushes and other plants for my lovely little garden!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment