Saturday, October 17, 2009

Being Erica

I'm feeling chatty tonight. LOL

So one of my *favorite* shows is back on soapnet. It's called Being Erica. I love this show for so many reason.. one of the biggest being that it takes place in Canada.. Montreal to be exact. And they say phrases and pronounce words that make me smile...like "Aboat". ;) I also love it because she's Jewish and I've learned a lot about the Jewish faith from it, and being the foundation of Christianity.. I am very intrigued by it. And I love what the show is about. Basically this woman, Erica, is a 32 year old single woman who's got a great education but her life is no where that she expected it to be. Her friends have all gotten married and have great careers and babies.. etc. And she feels like she's made all the wrong choices and that's why her life is where it is.. So then she meets "Dr. Tom".. who gives her the ability to go back in time to have a "do over" to her big list of regrets. And in the process she finds out all sorts of things about herself, fate, love, family, and the season finale is *heart wrenching*... So anyway... they are replaying all of season 1 in anticipation for season 2's premier in November..and I am so freaking happy and loving it. It's a great show for people who have regrets, and have always wished they could do something differently.. and eventually figure out that everything, even the bad stuff has a purpose. Basically, JD (if you're reading...) you would LOVE it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm! I had heard people mention the show, the title, but I wasn't aware as to what it was about, much less that it's Canadian. I might have to check that out!!

    I love it when people realize the good in the "bad" situations. There is purpose in everything indeed. And... not all "bad" is "bad". Some "bad" can be reallllllllly reallllllllllllly good... mwwwaaaahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete