Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This Week's Menu

Grilled Beer Brats, Potato Salad, Macaroni for the kids

"Mammas" Ginger Shrimp (that was last night and was freakin DELISH)

Chicken Marsala with Linguini a salad and bread (tonight.. can't wait)

Wild Mushroom Ravioli with from scratch tomato, basil, and garlic sauce (plain spaghetti for the kids.. they hate mushrooms)

Then with the leftover sauce (since I always make too much LOL).. I'm going to make some meatballs and do a Baked Ziti with Meatballs and chunks of mozzarella. Yum.

Sounds like a pretty yummy week, huh? :) Now I just gotta figure out what kind of snacks I want to make for the party Saturday night. And I'm going to make Dave a from scratch Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting for his birthday cake. Oooh.. Maybe the Cheesy Autumn Deliciousness Lasagne would be good for the party.. Hmm. I will have to ponder this and consult with my partner in party planning crime..aka The Sister(who is actually The Sister-in-Law.. but when you love someone and are this close..you just sorta drop the "in-law" part). :) God I'm happy Halloween is on a Saturday this year. Makes it so much more fun for us. :)

ETA: Oh man.. I just went to check out this blog http://prouditaliancook.blogspot.com/and she made butternut squash stuffed shells... !!!! YUM!!! And how freakin good would that be for the party?? And way easier to serve than cutting a huge lasagne would be. OH. MAN. I think I just figured it out.. thanks to this bloggers yummy blog and my obsession with it! LOL I'm not going to do the same thing the blogger did for my stuffed shells, though. Just borrowing her idea and adding my twist. I'm going to take my ragu that I did for the lasagne, mix it with chunks of fresh mozzarella and stuff the shells like that. I can't wait to tell The Sister about this idea!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but I am a fan of your cooking!!

    ReplyDelete