Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hmmm, haven't made cinny rolls in a while

So Jason is having his little sleepover on Saturday night... I was just gonna have them eat cereal for breakfast.. but what's the fun in that?! So then today I'm thinking "Hmmm, I haven't made cinnamon (aka cinny) rolls in a while.. maybe I should make those for the sleepover!

So now the seed has been planted. I'm on a sinful food high from last night's adventure with fried chicken and bacon baked beans... I mean why not?! LOL I use The Pioneer Woman's recipe for cinnamon rolls, with a few modifications.. Like I add some vanilla to the milk after I scald it and let it cool down, and most of my family and friends like cream cheese frosting over the maple coffee icing that PW uses, and I like brown sugar in the filling as opposed to white. Oh and as much as I adore butter (hell I named my cat Butter because I love the stuff so much lol), I don't put quite as much melted butter in mine as PW does... I tried putting as much as she says to one time and it all poured off the dough onto my table, so I deemed it just a tad too much. LOL

So yeah, I've pretty much talked myself into it now.. I'm thinking cinny rolls are on the menu for Jason's sleepover. He's gonna be so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment