Thursday, May 26, 2011

Strawberry Cake

My mother in law made me this cake many years ago for my birthday.. it was so good, it set my gall bladder off and I ended up in the hospital having surgery. LOL Since I don't have a gall bladder anymore, I think it's safe to have this cake again. The husbands family is having a little BBQ for the twins and Jason's birthday this Saturday and I requested that she make it for them. The recipe is too yummy not to share, so here it is! :)

Cake:
1 box white cake mix
3/4 cup veggie oil
1 box strawberry jello
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
2/3 of a 10 oz package frozen strawberries, thawed

Mix ingredients seperately then beat for 4 mins. and bake in a greased 9x13 cake pan for 30 mins.

Icing:
1 stick of butter
1 box powdered sugar
rest of the strawberries

Stir together until well mixed and pour over cooled cake.

Attempt to control yourself. But it will be impossible, because it's just That. Damn. Good.

P.S. Look at me, I barely post for over a year and I've posted like 3 times today alone. LMAO

No comments:

Post a Comment