Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rose Cake


I got this idea from iambaker's blog. LOVE her. She's contributing to the delinquency of a dieter.. but that's why I love her. lol Anyway, I took this cake to a bridal shower/bachelorette party last weekend and people went nuts over it. I have to say, I am pretty impressed with myself for creating it. The best part was that it tasted even better than it looked. Moist rich lemon cake with blueberry cream cheese filling between 3 layers of said lemon cake. To. Die. For. Seriously. The frosting was a sweet buttercream. Didn't go with french buttercream for this one because I needed a frosting that would set up and crust well, because those roses use a LOT of frosting and get heavy. The technique was pretty simple.. big open star tip (1M size from wilton) done in a swirl around the center point. Easy Peasy! The hardest part was starting the next flower the appropriate distance away from the first, so the roses fit together properly. But once I figured that out (and I only had to scrape one flower to figure it out, woot!) I was on a roll and had this thing decorating in under 15 mins. I'm pretty happy with it. Definitely going to do this again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment