Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Planning a week of good food..

So the bestfriends took us out to dinner at our mutal favorite place to eat together.. Canoli Joe's. It's an all you can eat Italian food buffet. And oh my word, it's like food heaven. They have so many things that are just out of this world.. like a butternut squash gratin. And this amazing pork meatloaf with sweet balsamic glaze.. and a roasted vegetable lasagna that I literally moaned "mmmmmmmmmmmm this is so good" every single time I took a bite of it. It was one of the few things on my plate(s) of food that I ate every single bite of. And went back for more. The only other thing I went back for more of was the mussels fra diavlo..

So this week I have vowed to recreate the roasted veggie lasagna. I have researched a few recipes.. found some that look pretty close, with a few changes.. And I'm gonna make this. I can't wait!

But I have to. Because tomorrow night I am making some fish tacos, with baja sauce, and fresh ready to cook tortillas (next best thing to homemade, because I just won't have time). We are inviting my dad over for dinner and tomorrow night is the only night he can make it.. And he's never had fish tacos.. So I want to make them for him. He's not a fan of Italian food, so I will save my roasted veggie lasagna for Wednesday night.

And Thursday night, we're going to have grilled pork chops and sweet potato fries. Yum! I can't wait to serve all this on my new plates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment