Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pork Tenderloin Sammiches

That's what we had for dinner tonight.. it was *awesome*!! I just did my own thing with it though.. I seasoned the pork tenderloins with salt and garlic pepper and my BBQ rub, seared them off in the pan then finished them in the oven at 425 for 30 minutes.. The husband sliced them up nice and thin and we had it on kaiser rolls with bbq sauce drizzled over them. WAY yummy!

To go along with it I made some baked beans (not the oven ones with bacon, just my stovetop version), mac n cheese, and another layered salad. Skipped the peas and used avacado this time... which tasted great.. but made it REALLY creamy. Almost too creamy. I think when using the avocado under the dressing layer, I only need half the dressing. And PW says to salt and pepper the layer of lettuce, which I did both times I've made this salad.. but the problem here is: Salt makes lettuce weep and get soggy. SO. No more salting the lettuce. I *will* perfect this salad to my tastes. Dangit. LOL

It was a really yummy dinner and we all enjoyed it, even the kids.. and it was easy! This would definitely work as a Sunday Lake Day meal. Gonna have to remember that one of these weekends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment