Friday, July 15, 2011

Tequila Lime Shrimp

Thank god I found it!!!!! I have been looking for this recipe all evening. I made it last year sometime, and was telling my sis in law about it. It's super easy SUPER yummy, and best of all... it's a weight watchers recipe(that I've modified LOL)! Yeah.. My foray into fried food is coming to an end.. its time to get a little healthier. I think that since my food bill is going to be drastically less next week, I might just have to make this. We'll see how it goes and if I have money for fresh shrimp after we pay the bills and such. Here's the recipe, so that I never lose it again. :D

Ingredients



1/3 cup(s) fresh lime juice
zest of lime
1/2 Tbsp jalapeٌno pepper(s), minced

1/2 tsp chili powder, chipotle is best but I usually just have regular

3/4 tsp sugar

3/4 fl oz tequila

1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped, divided

1 Tbsp olive oil

1 clove garlic clove, minced

1/2 tsp salt, or to taste (plus some for garnish)
1 1/2 pound(s) shrimp, jumbo-size, shelled and deveined (or leave tails on for a nicer presentation)


First you mix together the lime juice, the zest, jalapeno, chili powder, sugar, tequila and 2 tbs of the cilantro together in a small bowl and set aside. Season the shrimp with salt (and I always add pepper cuz i can't not add pepper to things)..

Then you heat up the olive oil in a nonstick skillet till its screamin' hot and toss in the garlic for about 30 secs to a min.. then you add in the shrimp and sautee for about 4 mins or until pink, being careful not to overcook the shrimp. remove the shrimp to a plate. then pour in the sauce and let it reduce for about 2 mins.. kill the heat and pour the sauce over the shrimp, garnish with teh rest of the cilantro and a bit of salt and voila. Yumminess.

I like to double the sauce and serve this over linguini or spaghetti.. but using the juice of an orange for the other 1/3 cup juice.

If I do indeed make this this week, you can be assured there will be pics.. but for now at least I have the dang recipe written down somewhere. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment