Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wanna Make: grilled pork tenderloin sammiches

I got a recipe for this in my email today from MyRecipes.com. Basically it was a spice rubbed pork tenderloin that is grilled, then during the last 5 mins of cooking it is glazed with a jalapeno jelly.. Then it's sliced up and served on crusty hamburger buns with a dressing made of light ranch dressing and bbq sauce.. idk how I feel about that combo, but who knows.. maybe it's kinda like a bbq thousand island??? I think I've seen The Neely's on food network do something similar to that before. I'm thinking I definitely wanna give this a go. I will probably use one of my favorite glazes from HEB on it though. The one I usually use on pork tenderloin, its a pineapple habanero glaze. This could be a really great Sunday Lake Day dish... Easy as hamburgers, but Lori won't grumble (she hates burgers), kinda like pulled pork, but I won't grumble since it's much less work. I'm digging this idea and we might just have to try it out this weekend.

Here's the ingredients so I can find them easily later when I wanna make this.

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup hot jalapeƱo jelly
  • 1 teaspoon water
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/4 cup light ranch dressing
  • 1/4 cup sweet hickory smoke tomato-based barbecue sauce (such as Bull's-Eye)
  • 8 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment