Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wanna Make: chicken tacos w/ mango avacado salsa

Another one from MyRecipes.com that I got in my email. This may actually be the one I got today and the pork tenderloin sammich from the other day. This one looks really good.. it would obviously have to be quardupled for hte 11 people living her (OMG lmao) but would be easy enough to do.

This are the ingredients needed:
Ingredients
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
  • 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomato
  • 1/3 cup prechopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon minced jalapeƱo pepper
  • 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Basically you mix the spices and sprinkle over the chicken then pan sear it, cooking it until it's down.. then you mix the rest of the ingredients except for the tortillas together to make the salsa. And serve in the the warmed tortillas.

Sounds really yummy and easy. One of the reviewers said they served it with yellow rice, which sounds terrific. I'm trying to get back into the swing of healthier eating and try to get some of this weight back off. I'm kind of disappointed in myself for regaining the weight that took me 4 months to lose in only 3 weeks. I mean it's been fun.. don't get me wrong! lol But I gotta stop frying things every other night and baking several times a week. Nevermind that I am making a box of "intense chocolate" brownies from ghiradelli tomorrow for the sister in law's birthday. But that's a special occasion, so it doesn't count! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment