Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Being Betty Crocker

Today is shaping up to be a Betty Crocker kind of day. For dinner I'm going to make the stuffed shells version of Cheesy Autumn Deliciousness.... And for dessert.. I'm thinking an orange marmalade cake.

JD.. have you ever read any of the "Mitford" books by Jan Karon?? I was reading them when I was on bedrest with the twins.. If not, then you should.. it's a lovely little series about a small town preacher and his life, the people of the town, etc.. Anyway, in the books there is this famous "Orange Marmalade Cake" made by a character named Esther. Well.. after a quick google search, I found out that Jan Karon actually wrote a "Mitford" cookbook, to accompany the books. So, now I'm armed with the recipe and headed to the kitchen to bake... Let's just hope it doesn't put The Husband into a diabetic coma like it did to Father Tim in the books. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment