Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cook for Hire

So I've got the turkey in a nice brine.. just about ready to come out. I put whole peppercorns, whole allspice berries, sage, rosemary, and thyme in it along with salt, chicken stock, and brown sugar. It should make the meat really moist and yummy. :) I'm just about to mix up an herb butter to rub inside the skin, and I've got a lemon, a head of garlic, an onion and a bundle of fresh thyme, rosemary, and sage tied together for inside the bird during roasting. I'm mostly using Ina's Perfect Roasted Turkey recipe.. but adding parsley, rosemary and sage to the herbs instead of just thyme. I think it'll be good! I'm all set to deliver the roasted turkey and a pan gravy around 1:00pm, after I have lunch with the birthday boy.

Okay, I better go get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment