Sunday, November 15, 2009

God doesn't like it when we're ugly...

Damnit all to hell! I am so freakin irritated right now. I have had car door drama the entire time I've had my car, which is about 10-11 months. First it wouldn't open unless you pulled up on the handle a certain way. Then that broke all together and you had to open it from the inside.. which means leaving the window down all the time, or opening the back door and reaching all the way to the front to open it.. which is what you have to do if it's raining outside and you can't leave the window open. SO annoying. The Husband tried to fix it for me a few months back.. he put a new handle on it, with no success. I've been nagging The Husband about this for the entire time I've had my car.. it's the problem with being a mechanic's wife.. MY car never gets fixed. *rolleyes* Well last week I went *off* on him about it. So today he takes the door panel off and messes with it.. and had it fixed!!! The door panel was still off, but he closed and opened it repeatedly.. and I opened it. I was SO excited. I started shouting "My car door opens! My car door opens!!" I called The Sister. I told all the kids. I texted The Bestfriend.. with a little snarky second text that said "and it only took 10 months of nagging!" Maybe that's where I went wrong. The Sister always says "God doesn't like it when we're ugly" anytime I say something snarky...

Boy is that true. Because the next thing I know, The Husband is kicking something across the garage and comes inside with a seriously pissed off look on his face. I asked what was wrong and he tells me the bad news. Once he got the door panel on, something happened. The door won't open. At all. From the outside OR the inside. He's going to call around for the part that broke and then he has to figure out how to get the door panel off without opening the door. Until then, I have to crawl in from the passenger seat and crawl out the same way. Fucking Awesome. I swear to God if I have to nag to get him to figure this out.. I will FREAK OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment