Saturday, November 21, 2009

Friday Five.. (a little late!)

1. Are you a Black Friday shopper?

Hadn't ever done it until last year, and I got so many *really* good deals, I'm definitly going again this year.. I mean, Hello, I bought Heather and Hannah a winter coat last year for $5 each on Black Friday.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? (Think Easy Bake Oven, Cabbage Patch Kid, Shrinky Dinks, etc.)

Definitly my easy bake oven! Followed closely by my Cabbage Patch dolls. :)


3. Favorite Christmas movie?

White Christmas, with Bing Crosby.


4. What is the "must have" item on your Christmas list this year?

The pair of BCBGengeration black pumps I posted on here a couple weeks back. And a 6Qt Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, I'd prefer a red oval one, but any would do. I would *love* the Le Cruset one.. but at $500-$650, it's very unlikely. But there is a decent Lodge brand one at Walmart for $60 that would do me just fine instead. :) The orange Rachel Ray oval one would also work, but it's $80.


5. Do you go all out with decorations or do you keep it simple and classy?

I love Christmas.. And I *LOVE* my Christmas decorations. We have red and white lights for the house, wooden snowmen and gingerbread soldiers for the yard, and inside all of my normal everyday decor comes down and gets boxed up. I have 4 big rubbermaid totes of Christmas decorations for inside. From my "wonky santas" to my holly berry china that replaces the regular china in the hutch.. Our christmas tree is filled with ornaments from my childhood and orniments that I buy my kids each year. There are wreaths, and garland, and red bows on everything. We have an entire collection of snowmen and santas and snow globes. And the nutcrackers that I started collecting as a girl. Candles everywhere.. It's really pretty. My house turns into "Chrstimas town" during the holidays.. It's beautiful, and you can't help but feel like it's Christmas. When you live somewhere as hot as Texas, you have to find that Christmas spirit somewhere when it's 80 degrees outside and you really want to put on a bathingsuit. LOL Plus my mom was big on going all out for the holidays and I've carried that on.

No comments:

Post a Comment