Thursday, November 12, 2009

Oh man oh man oh man...

So I finally cut myself a slice of cake. Oh my freakin word. YUMMY. It wasn't too sweet, thanks to the whipped cream frosting.. although I think an orange cream cheese frosting might be a little better and will try that next time. The cake is perfect in texture.. Like a cake mix cake!! Duncan Hines doesn't do it better than me anymore!! I especially loved the bits of orange rind all through out thanks to the orange marmalade. I've been dying to try Ina's orange marmalade recipe, so I think I'm going to give it a try and make this cake again with homemade marmalade.. But even with the store bought kind it was really good. Really happy with the results overall, and I'm glad I made the few changes that I made- I added an extra egg yolk because my eggs were on the small side, and I added orange zest in a few different places as opposed to just in the cake, as the original recipe called for. I also changed the method of things in one or two places, and the honey was my idea in both spots I used it. :) This is definitly going to be my new go-to cake to take to any gathering that we're invited to.. So bright and fresh and oh so yummy.

1 comment: