Saturday, June 4, 2011

14 layers of awesomeness!

Tonight I made Jason's 14 layer birthday cake.. I'm not sure if I'll ever do this again.. but hey, at least I can say I've done it once. LOL I can't wait to cut into it tomorrow night at his bday party sleepover. Here are some pics of my adventure into 14 layer madness:

All baked and ready to go!

Halfway done stacking and glazing:

All 14 layers.. Holy moly look at it drip.. and drip.. and driiiip! LOL



Here it is all glazed.. a little lopsided, but hey, can you expect? There are 14 pancake thin layers of cake sitting there! LOL Not to worry though.. all will look fine in the end..



See.. All frosted and straighted up and pretty.


This would look SO much better if I'd been able to find Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder.. but they didn't have any at the store I went to.. and I was just too tired to go looking in another store.. so I just made plain chocolate cream cheese frosting. Oh well, it still tastes pretty awesome! If I do ever attempt this again (not bloody likely! haha) I will go the extra mile and find the special dark cocoa powder so my outer frosting matches the glaze on the inside. All in all though, I am pretty dang happy with how it turned out! I can't wait to cut into this baby tomorrow and see all those gorgeous layers of cake and chocolate glaze!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment