Thursday, June 30, 2011

Egg Rolls and Teryaki Noodles

Well I don't have a picture.. was so engrossed in getting eggrolls made and on the table for 11 people, I totally forgot. My egg rolls are pretty easy, though.. I just brown up a pound of ground pork in the wok.. When its browned nicely I add some oil and a couple cloves of chopped garlic and the pan screaming hot.. then I poured in a couple bags of cole slaw mix. I stirred it around with my big tongs and then poured about half a cup of soy sauce all over the cabbage in the pan, along with a few splashes of apple cider vinegar. I tossed everything really well the tongs and just let it stir fry for a few minutes, until the cabbage started to wilt down and soften up just a bit. Then we filled our eggroll wrappers and closed them up with an eggwash. I deep fried them in my big cast iron dutch oven in 360 degree veggie oil. Really simple and really yummy. We let the kids make a couple egg rolls.. those ones needed some "patches", but they did pretty good. LOL They had fun and that's what is most important.

I had some left over filling mix, so when I was ready to do the noodles, I heated up veggie oil in the wok and tossed in some cooked spaghetti (I had cooked it earlier then tossed it with olive oil so it wouldn't get sticky).. Then I tossed in the leftover egg roll filling mix (it was about 2 or 3 cups worth) and 2 sliced green onions.. Stir fried it all together for a few minutes then poured my Teryaki Glaze over all of it and stir fried it around for a minute or two..

I made a little bit of my special dipping sauce.. two parts thai sweet chili sauce and one part less sodium soy sauce mixed together.. yummy stuff.. and we had quite the feast. It was so good and I was so dang full my stomach hurt. The husband ate 5 egg rolls. He didn't like them or anything.

It was a full day of cooking. My feet hurt and I'm tired. Tomorrow night is going to be simple.. That italian sausage casserole I came up with last week.. This time I'll try to remember to take a pic of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment