Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lots of cooking and mistakes gone good!

I made the italian sausage rice casserole tonight.. it was really good.. I made it just like I was brainstorming about.. With onions, but no peppers.. decided it didn't need any herbs, just some onion powder and garlic pepper... And I baked it in my big dutch oven, covered in the oven at 350 for 1 hour. Then I stired in some drained sliced black olives (a small can) and then sprinkled it with colby jack cheese and some cheddar.. Put the lid back on it for a few minutes (out of the oven) and it got all melty and gooey.. Oh man oh man.. Good stuff!

I also made some kickass brownies today. I did my regular brownie recipe (will post it tomorrow), then poured this leftover cookies n cream filling I made a few months ago for Jozi's bday cake and has been in the freezer ever since. Well.. that didn't quite swirl the way I envisioned.. Infact it looked like it was gonna screw up my brownies.. so real quick I whipped up another half batch of my brownie mix (minus some cocoa because I was running out and didn't have quite enough lol).. and poured that over the top of the swirled together oreo brownie batter mix. Baked it at 350 for a while.. it took a while for the middle to set because of the cookies n cream filling being so runny. But it all melded together and made the MOST delicious chocolately gooey centered brownies you ever tasted! Good stuff!!!! I love when mistakes turn out great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment