Friday, June 17, 2011

Brownies

I don't mean to brag.. okay yeah maybe I do... But I make *amazing* brownies. Fudgy and chocolately and oh so perfect when you're PMSing and will hurt people for chocolate. My love of chocolate is well noted. I don't care for it all of the time.. infact sometimes I'll pass it over completely for something cinnamon. But there are times (and it's usually when mother nature is present or on her way).. when chocolate is all I can think about and lust for. These brownies fill that void perfectly, everytime. I die from bliss with each gooey fudgy bite. The best part is that it's so easy.. just as easy as a box, but wayyyy better. :)

  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 2 sticks butter, melted
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
Butter and flour a 13x9 baking dish (or just spray it with some pam) and preheat the oven to 350. Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl (I use the kitchenaid).. Pour in the butter with the mixer on low and add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Mix just long enough to get everything well incorporated and then spread it out in your prepared pan. It is a VERY thick batter.. this is okay :) Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins. Let it cool a bit then cut into squares.. and prepare to die from chocolate bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment