Monday, June 13, 2011

Something different with italian sausage.

I have some turkey sweet italian sausage links in the fridge that I was supposed to make spaghetti and meatballs with that never happened last week (used the noodles on the teriyaki chicken thing).. So I need to use them up.. But I don't wanna do the spaghetti and meat balls..I don't wanna do anything with pasta.. or any sub sandwiches.. I want something *different*. So I've been racking my brain thinking about it... Looking at allrecipes for inspiration.. And I'm brainstorming and idea.. might as well jot it down in here.

I wanna take the turkey italian sausage I have in the fridge and remove it from the casings and fry it up in the big cast iron with a bit of olive oil and a chopped up onion(maybe some red and yellow peppers??).. when its nice and brown and crisp add in some minced garlic and 2 cups of rice and cook it for a min or two.. Then add in 1 cup of tomato puree, 3 3/4 cup beef broth, and 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce and a few pinches of sugar for the tomatoes.. Now this next part I'm kinda stuck. I don't know if I should add any kind of herb or spice.. It's italian sausage.. so that makes me think basil.. But its kinda like mexican rice.. so that makes me think maybe cumin.. But maybe it won't need anything at all? So I'm not sure on that part yet.. so I'm just gonna taste it and see where the feeling takes me. But I'm pretty sure I want to stir in some frozen corn and/or some sliced black olives into it about 5 mins before the rice is done. And then I wanna cover it in cheese.. but what cheese? Mozzerella? Monterey jack? Hmm. Idk yet. I also will have some green onions left over from another recipe that I could slice and put on top at the end. Hmmmm I think it's gonna be yummy. And I bought the italian sausage last week, so I need to use it early this week.. Sooo, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna work this recipe out tomorrow. and *hopefully* come back and write a proper recipe for it..

P.S. After making and eating this (way yummy btw) the husband and I agreed it needed bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment