Saturday, June 11, 2011

Homemade Potato Chips??

Yes. The answer is YES YES YES!!! I got a mandolin not long ago.. and thus far have only sliced zucchini and squash on it a few times (and have only maimed a finger one time.. use the hand guard, people.. use the hand guard).. And I've been thinking "Man I really need to make something else with this thing. Enter tonight: I'm having my usual Friday night hot date with Guy Fieri on the food network. DDD is such a great show. Lots of my good (bad hehe) ideas come from there. So tonight there are these people that are slicing their own potatoes and making potato chips. That in and of itself is a pretty dang good idea, right? Hells yeah it is! But these wonderful people took a few steps further. The took those wonderfully hot fresh outta the fryer chips and seasoned em up with season salt.. then they squirted BBQ sauce all over em.. THEN they took a big ol' handful of monterey jack cheese and smashed that on top and plopped them in the oven. Then they put on a whole bunch of chopped bacon! And some green onions.. And gave it some ranch for dipping. I'm thinking the only thing they forgot was the sliced pickled jalapenos!

And I am pretty dang sure that I'm gonna have to be a very very naughty girl and do this REALLY soon. Yep. I'm pretty dang sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment